- Webcomic Friday: Future Sight P1Less than a week in, and I’ve missed a day already! Looks like there’s still some kinks I need to work out. The original plan was to do a game review on Thursdays, and with over 200 games in my Steam library that would have lasted a while… but I just can’t bring myself to writing it. There’s already enough of those “one man’s opinion” reviews out in the wild that adding to the noise really does nothing for me. So I’ll be posting my attempts at composing music on Thursdays instead. It’ll be a pain since I am nowhere as adapt in whipping out music compared to what I do for the other days of the week, but it’ll be a good learning experience if I can keep it up.As for today:“Future Sight” is one of the many potential webcomic projects that I wanted to do “one of those days”. I guess that day is now. I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to ink or color these, but I want to get a flow going and some page is better than no page at all. Besides, if I skip two days in a row on the first week, that’d be really bad…
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P2Shifting webcomics to Wednesdays because… alliteration! Plus it’ll be easier on my schedule, I think.Still getting into the groove of things, and still trying to figure out a workflow that works. There’s still no time to seriously edit the page layout, and looks like I’ll need to trim the dialog as well. Oh well, the point is still to get this out with some regularity…
- Belated Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P3July 4th happened, alright? I just wanted to take a day off… well, more accurately, Civ V happened. I didn’t even realize I had the thing installed until yesterday, and it went badly for me. Like, sick to the stomach today badly. Anyway…
Font size got smaller. Still a lot of text… I think the issue is pacing, maybe? I’m trying to cram myself from point A to point B within a page, because webcomic pages just look weird without a conclusion, a pun, or a cliffhanger at the end.
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P4And the number of panels just kept increasing…
There’s a bunch of layout issues that I didn’t have time to fix. There’s also some dramatic personality shifts… Oh well, at least there’s some explanation for it to happen.
(P.S. Still messing around with font sizes, and possibly font face as well. This particular size looks like a nice medium point to settle at.)
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P5Completely ran out of time today since I’ve lost my head start doing the game concept yesterday. Also: Title Drop!
I really have to draw more people facing right.
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P6I really have to work out a schedule for these kinds of things. I blame Dead Island…I’m not a fan of being able to read into someone’s internal dialogs, but soon as I planned the rest of this chapter I realized it’ll be necessary. Oh well, at least there’s a setup page for it so it won’t get confusing later…
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P7
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P8This conversation is going to look awful if I keep it as a “dialog of internal dialog”, so I guess I’ll have to cheat again……and the plot is slowly being rewritten from behind the scenes. It’s what happens when you come up with the story as it goes. I can plan general events that occurs in the entire story, but I can’t stand detailing all the things that happen in-between before I start writing/drawing.
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P9Why oh why didn’t I just start some moe-tard story about a few cute girls frolicking around? It’d probably be a lot easier than trying to explain this plot:
I’ve made an effort to clean up borders and do speech bubble layouts before I darken the penciling. The panel layouts are also less rigid than before. This is slightly better than the previous pages, I think?
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P10
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P11This has been a bad week for keeping the blog up so far… Writing a self contained story within a few hours using a predefined set of time travel rules had proved to be much more frustrating than I imagined.
Today, we suffer a case of “people looking right” and “actual backgrounds” (i.e. I’m terrible at drawing those). Also, holy walls of text, batman:
I’m not sure if I even want to make up for the missing Tuesday content. It’s so damn hot over here…
- Belated Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P12
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P13
- Belated Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P14
- Super Late Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P15Got hit by a virus. Reformatted the computer, and getting all the pieces of printing the template, scanning, framing, and other parts back together. Other than that, I’m swarmed with games that I’m obligated to play. They’re all grindy RPGs. I like these games, but I really hate it when I’m forced to progress at someone else’s pace…
Right. Right. Pages!
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P16(Wait, this thing is still alive?)
It’s aliiiiiive! It’s aliiiiive!The holiday season of game releases can make things extremely disorienting. I think I’m getting my bearings again… somehow. At the very least, I’m committed to finishing the first arc of Future Sight one way or another. No backing out of that!
- Webcomic Wednesday: Future Sight P17
- Webcomic Wednesday (Well, it was): Future Sight P18
- Webcomic of the Week: Future Sight P19Hurray for breaking my new year’s resolution already! It looks like I’m just going to finish new strips whenever I can, instead of returning to the once a week schedule that I started with. The story is getting very dense… at least I’ve taken the break to script out the rest of this arc, so hopefully that will speed things up!
- Webcomic of the Week: Future Sight P20